Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We are all home after a visit in Flomot


Welcome to my new follower Joe! Joe is one of my very dearest friends from work and one that I will really miss in my retirement. I wish I had known he was a blogger as I am enjoying his blog. How can you sit by someone day in and day out for as many years as I have sat by Joe and not know what a talent he has and more importantly how much I did not know about him. Joe you are such a multi-faceted person ... I am glad to know you.

We went to Roaring Springs yesterday and got the kids. As I suspected they really liked the Suburban. I am not a little boy and never have been but I think an SUV type vehicle is more like a fort than a utilitarian vehicle used to transport you from one place to another so it is a little boy thing that becomes a guy thing ... ya know, do not come between a guy and his truck!

Louis, Jennifer, Matthew, Braeden and I went to Flomot and got to see Grayson and Salina. Yep that is what happens Salina, when the grandkids come on the scene all of a sudden your name moves from the top of the list when telling the stories. ;) The focus shifts to those little ones. I don't know about anyone else but for this Grandma my grandkids are the chance to put into practice all of the things I wish I had done with my kids. For the most part by the time you get here you have figured out what works and what doesn't. And yes the girls are quick to point out what they missed when they see the grandkids get something they didn't.

Grayson melted my heart last night. He took me by the hand and marched me to the play room and we played legos, telephone and hide and seek. He loved hide and seek. He was so receptive to me and I was a safe place for him, throwing those arms out to me, smiling so sweetly. It seems hard to believe but maybe he remembered me from when we babysat at the wedding. A couple of years and he will be Grandpa's little shadow, the kids always flock to him as they get older, but for right now Grayson likes me best Grandpa and I am going to enjoy it! ;)

We also saw Everett, Clois, Kathy, Russell, Marion, Christi, Dwain, Emily, Hailey, Chase, Kristin, Kathryn and Wyatt and got some great pics. Not often we have this many together at the same time. It was a great visit with great food from Kathy as usual. She is the BEST hostess! Love to all of you and Merry Christmas!

This morning we loaded up and as I suspected again the boys made their nests in the 3rd seat. Braeden made a point to tell Grandpa he sure did think the Suburban was cool. It sure did make traveling nice. 6 people and 3 dogs and everyone still had space to be comfortable. No complaints, minimal whining after the 200 mile meltdown. 200 miles we have decided is Matthew and Braeden's limit but today it was better with the extra space.

We had pizza, cake and ice cream for Allison's birthday tonight and then watched a couple of movies. Very nice evening!

A quick funny. In conversation it came up that we have 4 houses and Jennifer said "4 houses and we all live in one!"

Pictures to be posted I hope ... let me see if I can remember how to do it! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Beverly...I only started blogging because YOU did! When I saw yours, I thought "this could be fun".
    I owe it all to you!
    I am glad you are enjoying your time off with your wonderful family, and how lucky it is starting at Christmas for you! Be safe, God bless you!

    ReplyDelete