Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fall Festival Queen ....

I have my first follower! Thanks Linda. ; )

Today Louis and I drove to Roaring Springs to see Jennifer and the Grandkids, specifically to see Allison as a Fall Festival Queen nominee. She looked so beautiful.

Laverne made it possible for us to have the Heritage suite at the Hotel Matador and talk about nice. Oh gosh! I thought it would be nice to take Allison over there to get ready. She was ecstatic when she walked in that room. She has never seen anything like that.

Jennifer and I, not being girly girls at all, struggled. "Do you know how to do her hair?" ... "No I thought you did" ... So off we went, first Jennifer worked on it, then I did, then she did, then I did. Then while she put the pretty pearl pins in her hair I tried to dab a little blush on her face. For all of us it was at best clumsy but the finished product was not the least bit clumsy. And then the pictures, we did some but then Linda and Dominic there at the Hotel Matador showed up and started taking some. Oh gosh, it was great and it went so well because Allison was so in to the moment. She was on cloud nine, she was a movie star. The dress, the shoes, the necklace Louis bought her, that hotel suite to get ready in. If she did not get crowned Queen it did not matter. She was already a Queen! Allison's joy in this experience was so thick in that hotel room.

We took Allison up to the old gym to do the bio so that when they present they can say things about her like favorite food, color, hobby. Even though I heard that info on every other contestant, when I saw Allison walk down that red "carpet" I was so in awe of her that I did not hear a word that gal with the microphone said. And Allison just sparkled, her bubbly personality just poured out of every part of her.

And the Fall Festival Queen is ... Allison McCoy! Yep, that is my Granddaughter! You should have seen the flashbulbs flashing. It was like a movie star!

I watched her and I thought is she going to be okay leaving this community ... really ok?

Then I was taking her to change clothes, to turn back into a little girl from a little lady and she said I can't wait to move to y'alls house. I am not worried about starting a new school and making friends because I am easy to be friends with. And she is right, she is. And Fall Festival Queen? What a great way to end an era and start a new one!

Off to post a few pics for those who are waiting patiently, then visit more with the kids and then time to hang out with Grandpa!

Not much longer and we will be able to participate in all kinds of activities with them ... counting the days ...

1 comment:

  1. Aww!! This was the perfect way to make me feel like I was there... Wish I was... You are doing such a good job at this. I think we have found your new post-retiring job! If that's a word... lol

    ReplyDelete