Friday, November 20, 2009

A long day ...

It started about 1:15am when Megan's dog (in the mudroom) started sounding like a dog in a padded cell. Bang, Bang, one door and then the other, ... I thought Megan must be home but what was taking her so long to get in the house so I got up to check. She was not home but Korbin was very ancy so I let him out. Since Megan was driving my car I was a little concerned that she was not home and I would need the car soon so I called her ... and I called her ... and I called her! I tried to go back to sleep but my head hurt and I was irritated that she was not home so I got up and started getting ready for work. Then she called ... she had had a wreck ... she is okay. The car is most likely totaled though and we were already juggling 2 cars for 3 people since her car needs a transmission so now we are down to 1 car for 3 people! (I did find out later that we would get a rental car from insurance, whew!)

I told that story mostly so that I can tell these stories though.

I tell someone my story and since she knows about all of my ups and downs over the years she says, "You must have nerves of steel, I cannot believe you do not need xanex"! I told her well I was not quite this calm earlier! Overall I do stay pretty positive because I do always find there is a silver lining in every cloud. And I believe this one will have one too.

So the plan was to take the car to Jennifer this weekend so that she can drive it back here for Thanksgiving. You see her engine thrashed on her car so this was our solution to make sure she can come home for Thanksgiving and Louis is off this week so he does not need a car. So I call Jennifer and I tell her the story about the wreck and after she confirms Megan is okay she listens quietly and patiently to my philosophical speech but the minute I take a breath she goes "What about next week and the car?" We laughed about the way she wanted to cut to the chase and she jokingly said yea it is all about me. Now we do not have a car to leave her. Choices you make, things that happen affect so many, you think it only affects you but that is not true.

Louis will drive down and pick them up on Wednesday. It is just important to have them here.

So then Megan says it was so weird the way you woke up and called me like that. It was your motherly instinct. You started calling right after the wreck. I said no it was your dog that sensed that ... he woke me up. Korbin stays in that mudroom all the time and this is the ONLY time he has woke me up like that. I think dogs are something else!

I am glad to move beyond this day so I can keep counting down ...

No comments:

Post a Comment