Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It is funny how things happen ...

I am retiring from my job in December ... December 31st is my last day but Dec 18th is my last working day. That also just so happens to be the last day of school for the Grandkids. Ya know having a house full of kiddos was not what we had in mind for my retirement though. We were thinking more like gardens, sitting on the patio leisurely drinking our morning drink of choice, projects, crafts, going out to West Texas for grandparently type visits, you know what I mean. Well that changed and it is okay because I think everything falls into place perfectly. This would not have been an option if I had to work.

We can still fit in our other dreams but now we are also going to look forward to getting to take the kids to all of those entertainment type things we see and say, "Gee I wish the kids were here". We are looking forward to the noise, believe it or not, the noise. The "chaos" ... I love the chaos in my sister's house with her kids. It makes it feel so homey. She will say I am crazy when she reads this! ; ) She will get it someday.

I talked to Jenn today. We are going to see them Saturday to see Allison as a Fall Harvest Queen nominee. I hope she wins but even if she doesn't she will be beautiful. Jenn was wondering if we wanted to take the bunkbeds back here Sunday. That might be a good plan. We are going to make the office the boys room and move the office downstairs.

Jenn and I also discussed computers. I told her I did not want computers in bedrooms, only in open areas. She was good with that.

Oh and did I mention that my youngest daughter lives here too in the garage apartment? We are going to be a family commune I guess! Megan is very much into the idea of having her sister, niece and nephews here.

The countdown continues ...

3 comments:

  1. Steve could not get this posted to the blog but it was such an awesome message I wanted to share! Thanks again Steve!
    **********************************************
    Sounds like it will a mini heaven, healthy and good for all. And what a help that will be for Jenn, too. How much she has struggled. I am so proud of you, Bev, for looking after your family this way. Regardless of how much you enjoy it, in God's eye's I believe you will be seen as a mother and a grandmother who truly understands life's most important priorities. Giving yourself in loving service to Him through your ministry to family will certainly store many treasures in heavenly places for you then multiplied a hundred fold for you to withdraw and enjoy after you have passed through the pearly gates for yourself. What wonderful times we who love God and seek to do His Will have to look forward to both here and in the eternal life beyond. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep 'em coming. The blogs are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an email received from Ray and he said I could also post it on my blog.
    *********************************************
    I think this is a great idea. One of the benefits of this economy is that it allows us to get back enjoying the benefits of the extended family, i.e. the Waltons! It makes no sense to have everyone out trying to "make it on their own" when the group can come together, share expenses and focus on growth potential rather than just survival.

    Have fun.

    Ray

    ReplyDelete